CooperVision global markets needed a new campaign to drive awareness and interest in a children’s brand for Myopia maintenance and treatment for both consumers and eye care professionals. The previous treatments were either hard contact lenses, which children had trouble cleaning and preserving or thick and embarrassing glasses.
Partnered with copywriter to develop concepts that featured children who were empowered and enjoying life despite their condition.
The winning concept was a bold choice for the client, something the account team was originally hesitant to show. It showed a bold and confident patient in a way that was almost confrontational, something we never expected the client to go for. The day we presented to the client, we were excited to see a smile spread across her face when the image came on screen.
In testing we learned that eye care professionals saw themselves in the child and the concept came out on top, because they were ready to take on myopia!
MiSight 1Day - the first soft contact lens proven to slow the progression of myopia
- A simple-to-wear, 1day soft contact lens your child throws away at the end of each day
- ActivControl Technology targets the source of myopia progression
- Let’s children with myopia see well at all distances
MiSight 1Day lenses are child-friendly
Over a three-year period of styding Might 1Day contact lenses in children ages 8-15 years.
- 90% of children said they preferred wearing their MiSight 1Day contact lens over wearing their -spectacles
- 90% of children could insert and remove MiSight 1Day lenses on their own
- More than 90% of parents said their children were happy with both the comfort and vision quality of their MiSight 1Day contact lenses
- 100% of parents said their children were happy with the experience of wearing contact lenses, including comfort, vision, easy of use and freedom from spectacles.
Parent Discussion Guide
Large, easy-to-read type and simple graphics help parents to understand the disease and treatment options.
Take on myopia with MiSight 1Day - the first daily disposable soft contact lens proven to slow the progression of myopia in children.
- Daily disposable contact lens with ActivControl myopia management technology
- As easy to fit as a single-vision contact lens
- Simple to fit compared with alternative treatment options
Innovative MiSight 1Day contact lenses with ActivControl Technology control both axial length increase and myopia progression while fully correcting refractive error.
- Two treatment zones create myopic defocus with image focus in front of the retina rather than behind it to slow axial elongation
- Two correction zones correct myopia in all the gaze positions
- The treatment zones are designed to ensure consistent myopic defocus across all prescription, changes in pupil size and variations in lens centration